The number of digital TV channels will double to 24 units
According to information of Azerbaijani Communications and IT Ministry’s Teleradio Production Unit, the number of digital TV channels in Baku and on the Absheron Peninsula will double to 24 units, the Azerbaijani Communications and IT Ministry’s Teleradio Production Unit Aflatun Sharifov, General Director of Teleradio Production Unit said the Production Unit plans to install a new base station with a capacity of 12 channels next month.An experiment to increase the number of digital TV channels to 24 units was carried out last year and was first demonstrated by the Production Unit within the BakuTel-2010 telecommunications exhibition.
Teleradio also plans to purchase a new 40-channel base station, after mounting of which the existing package will be substantially increased. The base station of new generation will be multi-functional and will gradually expand the number of television channels to 60-80 units or more. Increasing the number of channels will depend on the purchased additional equipment and transmitters.
Views: 2017©ictnews.az. All rights reserved.
- The mobile sector continues its lead
- Facebook counted 600 million active users
- Cell phone testing laboratory is planned to be built in Azerbaijan
- Tablets and riders outfitted quickly with 3G/4G modems
- Tax proposal in China gets massive online feedback
- Malaysia to implement biometric system at all entry points
- Korea to build Green Technology Centre
- Cisco Poised to Help China Keep an Eye on Its Citizens
- 3G speed in Azerbaijan is higher than in UK
- Government of Canada Announces Investment in Green Innovation for Canada
- Electric cars in Azerbaijan
- Dominican Republic Govt Issues Cashless Benefits
- Spain raises €1.65bn from spectrum auction
- Camden Council boosts mobile security