Next Tizen powered smartphone Samsung Z4 makes appearance at FCCA device sporting the model number SM-Z400F turned up in the FCC online database (source), and rumor has it that it is the Samsung Z4. This is entirely separate from the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy S8 we're expecting to see announced later this month.
Unfortunately, there's not much else we know about the Samsung Z4, other than the fact that it will be the successor to the Samsung Z3 – and one of the first devices to run on Samsung's custom-built Tizen version 3.0 OS.
The Samsung Z3 was very much aimed at the budget end of the smartphone market, and hit the shops in 2015. It packed a 5-inch Super AMOLED display, a quad-core Spreadtrum chip, 1GB of RAM, and a reasonable 8-megapixel snapper on the back.
India’s growing smartphone market was the primary target for the Z3, and it would be surprising to see anything change with the Z4.
Tizen, the OS behind the smartphone, is better known on these shores for powering Samsung’s smartwatch range headed by the Gear S3. Where smartphones are concerned, the open source OS basically looks like a slightly different version of Android skinned with TouchWiz. The OS is here to stay on its smartwatches and smart TVs, however, so don’t completely rule out its arrival on its flagship smartphones in the very distant future.
However, considering that the Galaxy S8 will run on Android 7.0 Nougat, it’s unlikely that Samsung will decide to scrap Google’s OS on its flagships anytime soon.
Views: 50©ictnews.az. All rights reserved.
- Azerbaijani project to monitor disease via mobile phones
- Innovative educational system to be improved under presidential decree
- NTRC prolongs license of two TV and radio organizations for 6 years
- Azerbaijan establishes e-registry for medicines
- Azerbaijani museum introduces e-guide
- Nar Mobile opens “Nar Dunyasi” sales and service center in Siyazan city
- International conference on custom electronic services held in Baku
- OIC secretary general to attend COMSTECH meeting in Baku
- Azerbaijan develops earthquake warning system
- New law to regulate transition to digital broadcasting in Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijani State Social Protection Fund introduces electronic digital signature
- Intellectual traffic management system in Baku to be commissioned in December
- Tax Ministry of Azerbaijan started receiving video-addresses
- World Bank recommends Azerbaijan to speed up e-service introduction in real estate
- Azerbaijan to shift to electronic registration of real estate