Professional holiday of communication workers celebrated in GanjaToday is the professional holiday of workers of communications and information technologies. For over 10 years, December 6 is widely celebrated as a professional holiday of workers of communications and information technologies by the public in accordance with the order signed by President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev. This year marks the 135th anniversary of the establishment of telephone communication in Azerbaijan.
On December 6, 1881, the telephone line put into service by “Nobel Brothers Society” is officially considered as the first telephone line in Azerbaijan.
The event, organized today in Heydar Aliyev Center in the city of Ganja on the occasion of the 135th anniversary of telephone communication in Azerbaijan, was attended by the management and staff of the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies, head of Ganja Executive Power Elmar Veliyev, communications veterans, public representatives and official guests.
Prior to the event, Minister of Communications and High Technologies Ramin Guluzade and head of Ganja Executive Power Elmar Veliyev laid flowers at the bust of national leader Heydar Aliyev.
Then, a book titled “Telephone Communications in Azerbaijan-135 Years” was presented in the lobby of Heydar Aliyev Center and participants viewed a photo gallery reflecting the history and development of the communication in our country.
Then the event organized on the occasion of the anniversary was started.
First, President Ilham Aliyev’s decree on awarding honorary titles to workers of communication and information technologies in Azerbaijan Republic was read out.
Following the presentation of honorary titles to a group of communication workers, Minister of Communications and High Technologies Ramin Guluzade addressed the event.
The Minister said that Azerbaijani communications has travelled glorious development path. Only 5 years after the invention of the first telephone in the world, telephone lines were laid in our country. Saying the development of the telecommunications industry is one of the priority directions in the country, Minister Ramin Guluzade said President Ilham Aliyev keeps this area front and center.
After speeches, a film “From the Earth to the Sky” dedicated to the 135-year history of the telephone communication in Azerbaijan was demonstrated.
Head of Ganja Executive Power Elmar Veliyev congratulated the participants on behalf of residents of the city and wished them success in their activities.
Speaking at the event, veteran communications worker Kamandar Allahverdiyev, head of Microsoft Azerbaijan Sarkhan Hashimov, young startupper Fidan Rustamova brought to the attention of participants that the work carried out in the sphere of communication and information technologies, achievements and created favorable condition play an important role not only in the development of this sector, but also in the development of the country as a whole.
Then, Ramin Guluzade also took part in the ceremony of cancellation of a postage stamp dedicated to the 135th anniversary of the establishment of telephone communication in Azerbaijan.
In conclusion, a photo was taken and the event continued with an official reception.
Views: 234©ictnews.az. All rights reserved.
- Baku Telephone Communication Production Association is building new base station
- Recreation center for communication workers has been reconstructed
- Hybrid post trade is created in Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan in list of countries rapidly decreasing prices of communication
- All Azerbaijani TV channels are broadcast across Karabakh
- Memorandum of Understanding will be signed for “TESIH”
- New TV station will be built for digital TV
- New television station to be built in Baku
- Ministry of Communications and IT improved rules of conduct of civil servants
- Azerbaijani and French representatives of ICT sector to discuss cooperation
- The capital’s ATE central stations to be based on NGN technology
- Connection to ATE to be in electron format in Baku
- New computer room in “Communications Worker” health camp
- Azerbaijani Communications and IT Ministry agrees on terms of leasing Azerspace
- Introducing e-services in government agencies in Azerbaijan will prevent corruption and reduce bureaucracy