The role of women in ICTThe E-government Training and Education Centre of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies held an event on the topic of "The role of women in ICT" on the occasion of March 8 - International Women's Day.
The event, attended by about 50 young women from Baku and Ganja cities, was aimed at heightening women’s interest in ICT and promoting career opportunities for them in this field.
At the event, the acting director of the E-government Training and Education Centre Rauf Jabbarov spoke about the advantages the Ministry offers to women and trainings organised by the Centre.
Then, the women who have achieved success in the field of ICT, including the founders of "Femmes Digitales" club Sabina Mammadli and Shabnam Mammadova, president of the company "MONT Azerbaijan" Gunel Safaraliyeva, representative of "Wowoman" club Kamala Ismayilova and representatives of youth organizations Aygun Hassanzadeh and Samaya Ibrahimova made presentations.
After that, the head of "Young Entrepreneurs Network" organization Khayala Mammadova provided the gathering with information about the entrepreneurial opportunities being offered to women and the female startups who have achieved success in the field of ICT.
The women from Ganja city who joined the event via teleconference said they were satisfied with the opportunities created for them.
Towards the end of the event, gifts were given to the women by partner organizations.
Views: 73©ictnews.az. All rights reserved.
- Baku Telephone Communication Production Association is building new base station
- Recreation center for communication workers has been reconstructed
- Hybrid post trade is created in Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijan in list of countries rapidly decreasing prices of communication
- All Azerbaijani TV channels are broadcast across Karabakh
- Memorandum of Understanding will be signed for “TESIH”
- New TV station will be built for digital TV
- New television station to be built in Baku
- Ministry of Communications and IT improved rules of conduct of civil servants
- Azerbaijani and French representatives of ICT sector to discuss cooperation
- The capital’s ATE central stations to be based on NGN technology
- Connection to ATE to be in electron format in Baku
- New computer room in “Communications Worker” health camp
- Azerbaijani Communications and IT Ministry agrees on terms of leasing Azerspace
- Introducing e-services in government agencies in Azerbaijan will prevent corruption and reduce bureaucracy