Azerbaijan, Iran discuss prospects for ICT cooperationA meeting was held in the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies with a delegation led by Minister of Information and Communications Technology of the Islamic Republic of Iran, co-chairman of Azerbaijan-Iran Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation Mahmoud Vaezi.
The expansion of cooperation in the field of telecommunications and post, joint participation in regional projects, promotion of cooperation between companies of the two countries, regulation of radio frequencies in border areas, as well as prospects for cooperation in the field of satellite services were discussed at the meeting.
Welcoming the guests, Minister of Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ramin Guluzade said that during his visit to Azerbaijan Mahmoud Vaezi was received by President Ilham Aliyev which testifies the high level of cooperation between the two countries.
Ramin Guluzade also stressed that 2016 played a crucial role in further strengthening of friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Iran, the implementation of vital projects, and the expansion of ties between the two countries.
The Minister thanked his counterpart for their participation in the international exhibition and conference BakuTel and underlined the importance of involving Iranian private companies represented at the exhibition in the ICT sector of Azerbaijan.
Speaking of the work done and projects implemented during the year in the ICT sector, Ramin Guluzade noted that Azerbaijan completely switched to the digital television broadcasting in December of current year. The Minister drew attention to the fact that this innovation plays a special role in the regulation of radio frequencies in the territories bordering with Iran.
In turn, Mahmoud Vaezi expressed satisfaction with the expansion of cooperation in the field of communications and high technologies. The Minister noted that in general, widely using the existing opportunities, the country has established effective cooperation in all areas. Mahmoud Vaezi also stressed the possibility of mutually beneficial cooperation in space industry.
At the end of the meeting it was decided to implement the issues discussed during the meeting by the existing Working Group.
Views: 137©ictnews.az. All rights reserved.
- Minister of Communications and IT met with students studying abroad
- Communications and IT Ministry of Azerbaijan held
- Minister met delegation from Austria
- President Ilham Aliyev meets President of Microsoft International Jean-Philippe Courtois
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies holds meeting with members of US Senate
- Azerbaijan and Mexico discuss mutual investing of ICT projects
- Minister of Communications and Information Technologies meets with president of ‘SIVECO’ company
- Minister meets with students studying abroad
- Israel invites Ali Abbasov to International Cyber Security Exhibition
- Minister meets with president of ‘Telia Sonera’ group of companies
- Ali Abbasov meets Minister of Economic Development and Technology of Slovenia
- Sudan to use Azerbaijan’s experience in building e-Government
- The Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies receives ambassadors of foreign countries
- The French ambassador is glad that Azerbaijan’s first satellite will be put into orbit by the carrier rocket manufactured by a French company
- MCIT holds board meeting